If your loved one has been rushed to an emergency room or has died while being cared for in a nursing home, you should ask questions about what happened. While some health problems are unavoidable as we get older, others may be signs of neglect or abuse.
At Dickler, Kahn, Slowikowski & Zavell, Ltd., our lawyers are experienced in handling civil cases of personal injury and wrongful death. If you think your loved one may be a victim of neglect or abuse in a nursing home, we offer a free initial consultation.
What Is Nursing Home Neglect?
Examples of injuries that may be due to neglect in a nursing home include:
- Bed sores caused by failure to properly turn and rotate an immobile resident
- Malnutrition and dehydration
- Broken bones caused by inattention and failure to assist patients
- Injuries caused by wandering or elopement
- Injuries caused by over-medicating residents or providing the wrong medication
- Injuries caused by failure to provide necessary prescription drugs
- Sexual or physical abuse
Cases of neglect can often be traced to understaffing. If the nursing staff is too overworked and stressed out to properly care for residents, it is the residents who are injured or die as a result. However, the nursing home can be held responsible through our civil justice system.
A few of the recoveries we have obtained for our clients include:
- $910,000 pediatric nursing home claim
- Policy limit for nursing home and wrongful death suit
- $400,000 nursing home claim
- $375,000 fall at nursing home
For More Information
Get more information about nursing home neglect from our attorneys in Arlington Heights. They have experience with nursing home neglect cases and are willing and able to help you. Get more information from Dickler, Kahn, Slowikowski & Zavell, Ltd. by calling 847-593-5595 (Arlington Heights) or 312-924-1352 (Chicago), or submitting your request through the online contact form to the right.